Rental Application Rental Criteria
How Do I Apply?
- To view current openings, go to the “Availability” page on the Goose Hollow website here: /availability/
- Be sure to note the rent price, available date, and type of apartment prior to applying
- If you see an apartment you are interested in, you can apply either online on the CHNW website or in person in the Goose Hollow leasing office. See below for details on each option.
- You can review the rental criteria in the link above
- The application fee is $45.00. If you don’t provide proof of enrollment, you may be charged an additional $2.50 to check your enrollment via that National Clearinghouse.
- Go to the “Availability” page on the Goose Hollow website here: /availability/
- If you see an apartment you are interested in applying for, click the green “Apply Now” button on the apartment listing
- Follow the instructions to complete the online application. Be sure to upload proof of enrollment documentation and a copy of your government-issued photo ID when it is requested in the online application. See below for information about providing proof of enrollment.
- You can then pay your $45 application fee over the phone or in person during office hours, Monday – Friday 10am – 6pm, by calling the Goose Hollow Leasing Office at 503-345-4111 and paying by Visa or Mastercard. The application is not complete until the application fee is paid.
- CHNW only takes one application at a time per apartment; if an application is received prior to yours, leasing staff will send you an email letting you know to re-apply for another available apartment.
Applying In Person
- You can fill out or turn in a paper application to the Goose Hollow Leasing Office located at 1604 SW Clay St. Portland, OR 97201. We are open 10am-6pm Monday-Friday. Applications can be downloaded at the link at the top of this page.
- Be sure to bring a government issued photo ID with you.
- You will pay your $45 application fee in-person when you drop off your application. We accept debit and credit cards, checks, and money orders. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept cash for any payments.
Providing Proof of Enrollment Documentation with Your Application
- If you attend Portland State University or Portland Community College, you can download a copy of your enrollment certificate from your Banweb account; if you apply online, this will be attached with the online application. If you apply in person, you can print it out and bring it with your application or email it to the Goose Hollow leasing office at email@example.com. Information about finding this enrollment certificate for each school can be found here:
- If you do not provide an enrollment certificate with your application, CHNW can verify your enrollment through the National Student Clearinghouse with an additional $2.50 fee, but only if you have a social security number and attend a participating school.
- If you attend a school that does not participate in the National Student Clearinghouse, you don’t have social security number, or you are unable to download an enrollment certificate from your Banweb account, please provide a letter from your school stating you are currently enrolled. If you have questions about how to provide proof of enrollment documentation, please contact Goose Hollow leasing staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 503-345-4111.
What Happens Next?
- Once you have submitted a complete application and paid the application fee, the apartment will be held for you until your application is processed and you are notified of the screening results.
- We will contact you via email or phone with the results of the application in 3 – 5 business days.
- In the case that your application is denied, CHNW will provide you with a detailed explanation of your ineligibility and an opportunity to appeal
- If you are approved, you will need to pay a $100.00 holding deposit within 72 hours to secure the apartment. You can pay this either by check, money order, credit/debit card, or through your online resident portal.
- You will also be asked to sign an Agreement to Execute a Rental Agreement. This will outline your move-in date, security deposit, prorated rent, and lease duration.
- Closer to your move-in date, you will receive more information about moving in by email.
Please feel free to contact the Goose Hollow Leasing Office at 503-345-4111 or email@example.com with any questions about the application process.